Open Menu Close Menu Open Search Close Search

To come to Tufts as an international student, scholar, or employee, you must first get a visa certificate from the International Center.

Important: a visa certificate is not the same thing as a visa. Instead, it is a document you need to have in order to apply for a visa. In most cases, you must also carry your visa certificate and present it with your when you enter the US with your visa.

Canadian citizens: if you are a Canadian citizen you do not need a visa to enter the US; however, you must still have the appropriate visa certificate in order to enter the US to study, teach, or work.

To request your visa certificate from Tufts and to learn more about the visa certificate process, click on one of the buttons to the right. To learn more details about each type of visa certificate, see the information below.

Learn More About Visa Certificates

Select Your Visa Type

Please note: If you are located in one of the countries that is a member of the European Economic Area or in the UK when you provide us personal information, please review our EEA Privacy and UK Privacy Statements