Open Menu Close Menu Open Search Close Search

Forgot to get a Travel Signature on your I-20? Don't Panic!

For students who are preparing to leave the US for summer vacation, this is a reminder that you will need a travel signature on your I-20 before you return to the US for the Fall 2022 semester. Your travel signature should be no more than one year old on the date of your return. For more details about travel and re-entry requirements, go to our Travel Resources information page.

If you forgot to get a travel signature before leaving for the summer, don't panic - you do NOT need to get your I-20 signed in order to leave the US! Instead, you can request an updated I-20 through the Travel Signature section of our web site. After we receive your request, we will send you an electronic I-20 with an updated travel signature. Simply print out and sign it at the bottom of page 1 and show it to US Customs and Border Protection, along with your F-1 visa, upon your return.

Students who are on post-completion OPT should get travel signatures every six months while on OPT, and can follow the same online process for requesting an updated I-20 with a new travel signature.

If you have any questions about international travel during the summer, please contact internationalcenter@tufts.edu. We will notify you if there are any changes or developments affecting international travel over the summer vacation period.