Open Menu Close Menu Open Search Close Search

To qualify for H-1B status, the H-1B employee must possess a US degree or the equivalent of a US degree needed to fulfill the responsibilities for the H-1B position. If the employee received their qualifying degree from a non-US institution, they must possess or obtain a foreign credential evaluation of their degree. If the employee does not already have a foreign credential evaluation, they must contact a credential evaluation agency to request an evaluation. If necessary, the employee may also be required to submit a certified translation of any documents not available in English. Some agencies listed below provide both translation and credential evaluation services.

The International Center does not endorse or recommend any particular service but these are some services that have been used frequently in USCIS petitions and cases.

Additional resources may be found on the website of National Association for Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).

Please be sure that the evaluation indicates the US degree equivalent with field of study, and that the evaluator provides a description of their professional credentials.

The responsibility for obtaining an evaluation rests with the individual employee, and any resulting evaluation is considered the property of the employee.